The PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system will only support video files saved under the the
- - Memory Stick Video Format (MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile AAC LC)
- - MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
- - MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
- - MPEG-2 TS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2)
- - AVI (Motion JPEG (Linear PCM), Motion JPEG (u-law))
- - AVCHD (.m2ts)
Notice that Dolby Digital audio is supported in program streams, but unsupported in transport streams. So that is why my TS files are missing audio occasionally. This STILL doesn't explain why some valid MPEG-2 PS files are choppy and not working. I have posted a clip to Sony...hopefully they will take a look at it and find the bug that causes the playback to suffer. I'll keep updates posted here.