I changed my browser user agent string to the iPad's:
Mozilla/5.0(iPad; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B314 Safari/531.21.10
And Gmail looked like this:
Awesome, iPad interface is live! To do the same, just change your user agent string in your browser too and give it a shot. The interface looks like Apple mail, and it looks like it will look sweet as well on iPad. Of course, I figured this all out this morning before i read this:
I really hope the demand is low at the Augusta Georgia Apple Store, where I'm going to try and pick one up in the morning.